The Pennsylvania Legislative Process
The link below provides a brief overview of the steps in the PA Legislative Process.
For a more detailed overview, visit this site:
2019-2020 Legislative Session
For the 2019-2020 legislative session, GunSenseUs has decided to focus its efforts on a three-part legislative agenda.
We will again support:
- A background check for every firearm purchase
- “Red Flag” legislation, which gives families and law enforcement a tool to remove firearms temporarily from those whose behavior shows they may be a danger to self or others
- Firearm Safety Education for those Purchasers
For More information on a Bill: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/
Have an opinion you want to express?
Find your PA state legislators here.
When you contact a legislator, consider what your brief message is (please support or please oppose and the Bill #), and what you are asking. You might consider the following:
1) Will the legislator co-sponsor or at a minimum support the bill? (Or, will they oppose the bill if that is your view.)
2) Will the legislator publish their position on their website and in their mass communications with constituents?
3) Will the legislator work to influence party leaders to bring the bill out of committee and to a vote on the floor?
Elected officials tell us that hearing from their constituents is a key consideration in their voting decisions.